Students at County College of Morris (CCM) were recently recognized at the 47th Annual Campus Life Appreciation Dinner Dance for their achievements in the classroom and around campus.
Since 1969, CCM has recognized its outstanding students who have been involved in clubs, organizations and performing arts productions. This year’s recognition dinner dance took place May 3 at the Meadow Wood Manor in Randolph.
“These students have worked hard and contributed significantly to the life of the college,” noted Tom Molski, director of Campus Life. “This is our way of providing them with some well-deserved recognition and thanking them for their efforts.”
Along with the students, Dr. Edward Yaw, CCM president, and members of the college’s Board of Trustees were in attendance.
Awards presented at the event were:
• Board of Trustees Service Award: Marcelle Caruso (Denville)
• Dean Patton Student Life Award: Walter Yurcik (Wharton)
• Outstanding First Year Student Leader Award: Andrea Doucette (Succasunna)
• Dr. Masten Scholar/Leader Awards: Daniel Edens (Randolph), Mackenzie Hefferman (Hamburg), Michael Masino (East Hanover), Sandra Riano (Dover), Mirella Quintana (Dover)
• Distinguished Student Leaders Awards: Jennie Abat (Hackettstown), Derek Allen (Florham Park), Melissa Berardesco (Randolph), Marcelle Caruso (Denville), Faith Torppey (Hardwick), Daniel Edens (Randolph), Andrew Ginsberg (Randolph), Mackenzie Hefferman (Hamburg), Michael Masino (East Hanover), Sandra Riano (Dover), Mirella Quintana (Dover), Walter Yurcik (Wharton)
• Performing Arts Awards: Annmarie Ferran (Lincoln Park), Erin Jackson (Newton), Holly Latorre (Sparta), Noel Cappuzzo (Succasunna), Matthew Fralley (Netcong), William Leys (Lake Hiawatha), Joe Reisch (Oakland), Alex Marchesani (Vernon)
• Performing Arts Technical Awards: Christopher Gardner (Parsippany), Gabriel Weiss (Pine Brook), Matthew Roca (Morris Plains), Cassandra Runyon (Chester)
• Performing Arts Appreciation Award: Michael Mandanci (Denville)
• Dance Outstanding Performance Award: Payden Dorney (Franklin)
• Dance Outstanding Choreography Award: Nichelle Matthew (Rockaway)
• Dance Outstanding Performance and Choreography Award: Marisa Malwitz (River Edge)
• Drama Awards: Liam Young (Hardwick), Chelsey Caulfield (Blairstown), Jesse Asche (North Caldwell), Evan Wovsaniker (Whippany), Jack Masson (Madison)
• Dean Judith Raulf Performing Arts Award: Dr. Edward J. Yaw (Convent Station)
• Donald Yaw Performing Arts Award: Lily Smith (Flanders), Tobin Todd (Randolph) Photo: Recipients of the County College of Morris Dr. Masten Scholar/Leader Award pose with President Edward J. Yaw. Pictured (l-r) with Dr. Yaw are Mirella Quintana (Dover), Sandra Riano (Dover), Michael Masino (East Hanover) and Daniel Edens (Randolph). Not pictured is Mackenzie Hefferman (Hamburg).
Photo Credit: Tom Molski