The Randolph Police Department has alerted CCM about some additional repaving projects that will impact traffic to and from the college. Please be aware of the following.Dover Chester Road
– From Sussex Turnpike to the NJ 10 Ramp
August 24, 25, 26 -- Basin Repair – no detour needed
September 8, 9, 10 -- Milling – detour traffic (see below)
September 11, 14, 15 -- Paving – detour traffic (see below)
- Traffic on Dover Chester northbound will be detoured at Sussex Turnpike to Canfield Avenue to NJ 10 E to Dover Chester Road.
- Traffic on Dover Chester southbound will be allowed through
- Traffic on Sussex Turnpike traveling east and wishing to turn left onto Dover Chester Road will be detoured to Morris Turnpike to Dover Chester Road south at which time the traffic can then join the detour to Canfield Avenue.
- No traffic from any side street or driveway on Dover Chester Rd will be permitted to travel north.
The Public Safety department is recommending that people who typically travel north on Dover Chester Road use one of the two Center Grove Road exits during the detour. Millbrook Avenue
– From Schoolhouse Road to Sussex Turnpike
August 28, 31, September 1 -- Basin Repair – no detour needed
September 16, 17, 18 -- Milling – detour traffic (see below)
September 21, 22, 23 -- Paving – detour Traffic (see below)
- Millbrook Avenue Northbound at Sussex Turnpike will be detoured in two different directions
- To Morris Turnpike, to Carrell Road, to Center Grove Road, to Schoolhouse Road to Millbrook Avenue
- To West Hanover Avenue, to Radtke Road, to Shongum Road, to Everdale Road, to Millbrook Avenue
- Traffic on Millbrook Avenue southbound will be allowed through
- No traffic from any side street or driveway will be permitted to travel north
All work is scheduled to take place between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. to minimize delays and the impact on the morning commute.
For information on all major repaving projects taking place in Morris County, go to http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2015/08/five_major_roads_in_morris_co_to_close_for_repavin.html#incart_river