Withdrawal from Individual Course

To withdraw officially from a course, students must complete a Withdrawal Form and return it the Office of Records and Registration. Merely notifying the instructor is not an official withdrawal. .

Note to all financial aid recipients: Please contact the Financial Aid Office before withdrawing from classes. Withdrawing may affect the amount of aid you were awarded or the amount of aid you expect to receive.

Courses officially dropped before the end of the second week of class will not appear on the student’s permanent record and do not require the instructor’s signature. 

Please consult the Academic Calendar for the deadline dates.

Withdrawal from CCM (all courses in semester)

Students who wish to withdraw officially from the college must complete a withdrawal application form. Students may obtain the form from the Office of Counseling Services. 0The withdrawal will be effective as of the date the student returns the completed withdrawal application to the Office of Records and Registration.

If a student withdraws from college during the first two weeks of classes, no courses or grades will be included on the student’s permanent record. 1If a student withdraws after the second week of classes and before the completion of 75% of the semester, a grade of “W” normally will be given. 2However, the faculty member may still assign a grade of “F” if he or she properly notified the by using the Faculty Notification of Possible Failure Form. 3

Please consult the Academic Calendar 4for the deadline dates.


Counseling Services Office

Student Community Center, Room 118
Fall & Spring Semester Hours: Monday and Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday and Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
(Walk-In Hours are subject to change.)